Thursday, March 27, 2008

Our remodeled kitchen

We have lived in our house for almost 7 years now. Our house is about 30 years old. Ever since we had moved in we wanted to get new kitchen cabinets. I only wish I had pictures of what the kitchen first looked like when we bought our house. Teal green walls, with black trim black and white checkered floors. Cody and I joked about playing human checked, but we never did. We had the floor tiled soon after we moved in and of course painted the walls (they've been painted a couple of times). Finally after getting our tax returns, we decided to get new kitchen cabinets. We also got a new stove, microwave, and sink. I absolutely LOVE my new kitchen. I can't believe what a difference new cabinets can make. I am learning how to use my new flat surface stove. I was so excited to find out that my oven door locks. That is a plus when you have kids. It was a huge project, but so worth it. Cody had to rip out the old cabinets, wow that was quite a job. I am so thankful to have a new and functioning kitchen. From the pictures you can probably tell we are missing a cabinet by the window. We'll be getting that next week. I am so excited and wanted to share this with you all.




4 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow -your new kitchen looks great! Thats fun that you get to remodel! I can't wait to finally move into a house (so far just apartments). You look so cute, Jill -I especially like your hair! If I ever move close, you'll have to do mine. :)

Amber said...

OH MY GOSH, I bet you just love the new kitchen, It looks great! Congrats on getting that done! That will be nice!

Brooke Bennett said...

Your new kitchen looks so good!

Elkington Home said...

I love your new kitchen!!! It is totally different and just beautiful!!! It is so fun to remodel... well more fun when it is done! I have been working on our house for almost a year.