Friday, July 11, 2008

Whats going on around here

Not much is going on around here. Cadence came down with a cold on Monday and now of course we all have a cold. She caught it from her cousin of course. I hate having a cold in the summer.

My parents a.c. unit went out in there house, so they came to stay with me. My Dad only stayed for one night, but my Mom stayed for 3 nights. It was so much fun having them here. I was so glad we got to spend so much time with my Mom. She is a wonderful Mom! And she was so helpful too!

On the 4th of July we went to watched the parade. It was pretty sad! It lasted all of mabey 10 minutes. The highlight was that Cody got to drive the Hummer for the BLM in the parade. Smokey the bear followed right behind in one of the firetrucks. Cadence is still terrified of Smokey the Bear. She kept covering her eyes when he passed by. We got to go have breakfast with Cody and all of the fireguys. Cadence became buddies with Clark, one of the guys Cody works with, it was so cute. She sat by him the whole time at breakfast. After having breakfast, we went to my parents house to let the kids play. My sister-in-law, Crystal brought a huge water slide for the kids to play on. They had a ton of fun although we felt like referee's. After playing on the waterslide and having lunch, we met up with my friend Julia and her kids. We went to her parents house and got to go swimming. We finished up the night by going to Baskin Robbins and having ice cream and watching the fireworks with Julia's family. They were so sweet to let me and the kids hang out with them. Cody and Julia's husband works together, so we hang out together a lot. I am so thankful to have such a great friend that understands and listens to me complain when my husband is gone. Thank You Julia!

0 comments: