Monday, November 24, 2008

Our visit the the E.R.

On Saturday night we took Kyndee into the E.R because she had a pretty high fever. On Friday night it was a 104. We were able to bring it down, but it kept coming back up, even with medicne. We were concerned because of her recent surgury and didn't know if it had anything to do with the fever or not. I called my brother who works in the E.R. to ask him what he though we should do. He said he thought we should take her in. Anyhow he called us back and told us he called and talked to one of the E.R. doctors and they though she needed to been seen with her recent surgury because she could have infection with that high of a fever. I feel so lucky to have an awesome brother who is so knowledgeable with medical stuff. I am constantly calling him to ask him what I should. Anyhow Cody's Dad came and got Cadence so she could spend the night over there. We went into the E.R. about 10 pm and they knew we were coming. They were so nice to us. The doctor told us that they might have to do blood test to test for infection and maybe other test. We were glad that they soon found out it was strep throat. They had to test it to make sure and then give her a shot (antibiotics), then they gave us a prescription. It was definently a long night! We didn't get home until about 1:30 am. Then I had to get up at 4 and 8 to give her tylenol for her fever. What a crazy night. I hope that we don't have anything crazy happen for a while. I though I was going to have a panick attack on the way to the E.R. I think there has just been so much going on lately. And we are keeping our fingers crossed that Cadence doesn't get it.

8 comments:

Gayle said...

I am sorry that she was so sick. I hope that she is feeling better. You know when your kids are sick you just want to be able to take it away from them. They just look at you with their sad eyes like Mom you can fix everything. Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving.

Serena said...

Seriously. That poor girl! Why can't she just get better already! Let me know if I can do anything for you. :)

Mer said...

Your poor baby! She has REALLY been put through the wringer.

I'm surprised it was strep, I was told by my pediatrician that really young kids can't get it.

We'll be crossing our fingers that no one else gets sick and that your cutie pie gets a break from feeling crummy soon.

Elkington Home said...

oh jill,
I am so sorry! I hate when kids get sick... especially that sick! That is one thing that I really do not look forward to with my own kids!!!! I'm glad they took good care of her. I hope your other daughter doesn't get it. Good luck!!

Elkington Home said...

oh P.S.
just a quick question...
On your friends and families blogs, how do I get the format so I can see when they updated (like on your blog)?

JuliaCotten said...

That is never fun going to the ER. I'm glad that you got her in and it wasn't anything serious like an infection. I'm glad she is doing well and thankful for blogs so we know whats going on with you guys. I hope that you have a great Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

glad it was just strep.

Ence Family said...

Jill- Don't worry about it at all. It was a crazy week I know! Just give me a call when things slow down if they ever do! Sorry to hear that your little one is sick hope she is doing better. Jarren has had ear infections this past week too. Not fun! Have fun on your trip!